Lacombe is known for its laid-back lifestyle, beautiful scenery, and friendly residents. It’s home to numerous attractions including the Big Branch Marsh National Wildlife Refuge, Boy Scout Road Boardwalk Trail, Bayou Lacombe Museum, and Our Lady of Lourdes Chapel.
As is the case with most other cities in the US, Lacombe is also an automobile-friendly city – with the average household owning at least two cars. With so many vehicles on the road, even a moment of inattention or negligence on someone’s part can result in a devastating accident.
If you have been injured in an car accident, you may have the legal right to sue the at-fault party and recover monetary damages. At Trainor Law Firm, we are committed to providing the highest level of legal services to victims of auto accidents.
We can build a strong case for you, hold the at-fault parties accountable, and fight hard to obtain full and fair compensation. Contact us today to talk to one of our Lacombe, LA auto accident lawyers.
Causes of Auto Accidents in Lacombe, LA
Data shows that there has been a significant increase in fatal as well as non-fatal auto accidents in Louisiana since 2020. In St. Tammany Parish, which includes Lacombe and several other cities, census-designated places, and unincorporated communities, a total of 86 fatal accidents were reported in 2021.
Experts say that the increase in auto accidents can be largely attributed to speeding, alcohol and drug-impaired driving, distracted driving, and aggressive driving – all of which are entirely avoidable. Unfortunately, many drivers continue to drive recklessly without any regard for the safety of others, as a result of which several people are injured and killed every year.
Physical Injuries and PTSD Resulting from Auto Accidents
Injuries resulting from an auto accident can range from cuts and bruises to soft tissue injuries, broken bones, crush injuries, burn injuries, nerve damage, internal organ damage, spinal cord injuries, and brain injuries.
Being involved in an auto accident can also affect your mental health immensely. Data shows that close to 40% of auto accident victims develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Getting Medical Help after a Lacombe Auto Accident
Following an auto accident, it is extremely important to get medical help as soon as you can. Getting timely medical help can significantly improve your chances of making a full recovery.
More importantly, as the victim of an auto accident, you have a duty to mitigate the damages and prevent your injuries from getting worse. If you fail to get medical help right away, it can affect your chances of getting the compensation you deserve.
Who Can Be Held Liable for an Auto Accident in Lacombe, LA?
If the accident was caused entirely as the result of driver negligence, the driver in question can be held liable for the accident. In a vast majority of auto accident claims, the driver that caused the accident is considered the liable party.
Having said that, there are a few circumstances under which certain other parties can be held liable for the accident in Lacombe:
- If the accident was caused by someone working for a ridesharing service or food delivery service, the company can be held liable for the driver’s actions.
- If the accident involved multiple vehicles, more than one driver can be held liable for the accident.
- If the accident was caused by a defective part, the company that designed or manufactured the part can be held liable.
- If the accident was caused by a dangerous condition on the road, the government agency responsible for road maintenance can be held liable.
Types of Damages You Can Claim in a Lacombe, LA Auto Accident
The compensatory damages you can recover in an auto accident claim include:
- Current, ongoing, and future medical expenses.
- Cost of rehabilitation and therapy.
- Cost of long-term care (in case of permanent disability).
- Lost earnings.
- Loss of earning potential.
- Property damage.
- Pain and suffering.
- Emotional distress.
- Loss of consortium.
- Diminished quality of life.
Depending on the circumstances, you might also be awarded punitive or exemplary damages – in addition to the aforementioned compensatory damages. Punitive damages are only awarded in cases where the at-fault party is found to have acted with gross negligence. A solid example of a grossly negligent action that can result in punitive damages being imposed is drunk driving.
How Our Lacombe, LA Auto Accident Attorneys Can Help You
When you choose Trainor Law Firm to represent you, we will get to work immediately and take all possible steps to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve. These include:
- Investigating your accident and reconstructing the accident scene to determine how it happened.
- Gathering evidence from the accident site, including photos, videos, and physical and forensic evidence.
- Interviewing potential witnesses.
- Helping you get the medical care you need on lien if necessary.
- Reviewing the police report and your medical records.
- Getting statements and testimonies from expert witnesses to support your claim.
- Communicating with your auto insurance provider and the at-fault party’s insurance provider on your behalf.
- Negotiating with the claims adjuster to get a fair settlement.
- Launching a meticulous trial preparation to put you in a strong negotiating position with the defendants and remaining fully ready to go to trial if it becomes necessary.
Choose Reputable Auto Accident Lawyers in Lacombe, LA to Fight for Your Right to Maximum Compensation
The injuries and pain and suffering resulting from an auto accident can be debilitating, long-lasting, and life-altering. When your health and financial future are at stake, you need an attorney who is capable of protecting your rights and obtaining the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Attorney Brian F. Trainor has vast experience in handling auto accident claims and has a strong track record of recovering substantial damages for his clients. A former prosecutor, Mr. Trainor has firsthand knowledge of how the state justice system works. He can use his prosecutorial knowledge and courtroom experience to build a strong case for you and get full and fair compensation from the at-fault parties.
To find out how we can help you with your claim, call us today at 985-900-2250 or get in touch with us online and schedule a free consultation with a top-rated Lacombe auto accident attorney.