Mandeville Car Accident Lawyers
Mandeville is a charming little city whose history can be traced back to the 1800s. Located in St. Tammany Parish, the city has managed to develop an urban infrastructure while preserving its natural beauty. It’s home to a number of attractions including the Fontainebleau State Park, Mandeville trailhead, Northlake Nature Center, and Sunset Point Fisher’s Pier & Park.
Automobile accidents are among the leading causes of injuries, hospitalizations, and deaths in Mandeville. In recent years, there has been a considerable increase in the number of automobile accidents all over the state.
Nearly 1,000 people are killed each year in motor vehicle accidents in Louisiana. The worst part is that a vast majority of these accidents are caused as a result of driver negligence and are entirely preventable.
If you have been injured in an auto accident, you need effective legal representation to hold the at-fault parties accountable for their negligence and recover the monetary damages you are entitled to under the law.
At Trainor Law Firm, we are fully committed to pursuing justice for automobile accident victims and their families. We can provide you with the personalized legal advice and support you need during this difficult time and fight tirelessly to recover the damages you are owed.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Mandeville, LA
- Distracted driving (using cell phones while driving in particular)
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, recreational drugs, prescription medications, and other controlled substances
- Fatigued driving (particularly common among commercial truck drivers)
- Running the red light
- Failing to yield the right of way to other motorists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians
- Failing to signal and look for other vehicles while making a turn or changing lanes
- Aggressive or reckless driving
Aside from this, mechanical defects in vehicles, bad road conditions, and bad weather conditions also tend to contribute to auto accidents from time to time.
The Increased Risk of Auto Accidents at Intersections in Mandeville, LA
Data shows that a significant percentage of auto accidents tend to occur at intersections. There are many reasons why vehicular collisions are so common at intersections. These include:
- Poorly designed intersections
- Lack of upgrades to accommodate the increase in traffic volume
- Driver inattentiveness
- Lack of sufficient traffic lights and signs
- Drivers misjudging the speed of oncoming vehicles
- Drivers mistakenly assuming other drivers’ actions
- Drivers trying to turn while their view is partially or fully obstructed
The most accident-prone intersections in Mandeville include:
- The intersection of North Causeway Boulevard and Florida Street Extension
- The intersection of Monroe Street and East Causeway Approach
Who Can Be Held Liable for an Auto Accident in Mandeville, LA?
Determining fault and liability in an auto accident can be a complicated task that requires the expertise of a Mandeville auto accident lawyer. Depending on the circumstances, one or more of the following parties can be held liable for the accident.
- If the accident was caused as a result of a driver’s negligent or reckless behavior, they can be personally held liable for the accident.
- If the accident was caused by vehicular malfunction due to a defective part, the company that manufactured the part can be held liable.
- If the accident was caused by a defective or dangerous road condition, the Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD), which is responsible for building and maintaining the roadways in the state, can be held liable.
On the other hand, if the accident was caused by a commercial truck, the truck company can be held liable – depending on whether the driver was acting within the scope of their employment duties and whether the company’s negligence contributed in any way to the accident.
Similarly, if the accident was caused by a food delivery driver or a rideshare driver, the company can be held liable depending on whether they were on duty when the accident occurred.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Filing an Auto Accident Claim in Mandeville, LA?
Under Louisiana law, the deadline for filing personal injury claims is set at one year, which is considerably shorter than the deadline for filing injury claims in most other states. It’s why you should get in touch with an experienced Mandeville auto accident lawyer as soon as you possibly can after an accident.
What Are the Damages You Can Recover in a Mandeville Auto Accident Claim?
- Current and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Cost of assistive devices and upgrades to accommodate your disability
- Cost of long-term care (if you are unable to care for yourself due to a severe physical or cognitive impairment)
- Lost earnings
- Earnings you stand to lose due to diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Diminished quality of life due to permanent disfigurement or disability
Apart from this, if you are unable to have an intimate relationship with your spouse due to your injury or if you are unable to provide household services that you previously did, your spouse can bring a loss of consortium claim against the at-fault party and seek monetary damages for the loss of society and service.
Under certain circumstances, you might also be awarded punitive damages – in addition to compensatory damages. For example, if the at-fault party was drunk or under the influence of drugs and is found to have acted in a reckless manner, you might be able to recover punitive damages from them.
Get the Most Trusted Auto Accident Lawyers in Mandeville, LA on Your Side
If you have been injured in an auto accident due to another party’s negligence, the experienced Mandeville auto accident lawyers at Trainor Law Firm can help you. Our founder, Brian F. Trainor, is a former prosecutor and brings extensive legal knowledge and courtroom experience to the table.
We offer free initial consultations to all clients and work on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not have to pay us unless we win your case and recover damages. Call us today at 985-900-2250 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with a seasoned Mandeville auto accident lawyer.