Slidell Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Without the physical protection that a car or a truck provides, a motorcycle rider is not only vulnerable to the elements, but they are also at an increased risk of injury. If you were riding a motorcycle and were hit by another larger vehicle, the results can be catastrophic. The physical and financial damage can be extreme and the road to recovery can take several weeks, if not months or years.
If you or your loved one suffered from injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident that you believe was caused by someone else’s negligence, you will need an attorney with expertise in representing injured motorcycle riders.
At Trainor Law Firm, LLC, we have been fighting for motorcyclists’ rights for over 19 years. Attorney Brian F. Trainor and his team have a deep understanding of the legal process necessary to manage your case efficiently from start to finish. Beyond the apparent physical damage to your bike, we know exactly how to help you recover compensation for your losses.
Types of Injuries Caused in Motorcycle Accidents in Slidell, LA
Since motorcycles are lighter and less sturdy than cars, they lack the same safety features, leaving riders more prone to devastating injuries upon impact. Riding without a helmet puts the rider at an even greater risk for severe injuries. Depending on the nature and force of the accident, the types of injuries sustained in a Slidell, LA motorcycle accident can vary, but they may include:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Concussion or head injury
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Road rash
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injury
- Chronic conditions and hedonic damages
- Stress and emotional pain
Most of these injuries and damages are severe and may threaten permanent disfigurement, illness, and even death. If the motorcycle rider dies in the collision, their family may be able to file a wrongful death claim against the party responsible for the accident.
Sometimes, it does not matter even if the bike rider was wearing a helmet and other protective gear and was riding carefully. In a large number of cases, accidents occur due to the fault of another driver and thus, are not easily preventable.
If you or your loved one sustained a debilitating injury or property loss in a motorcycle accident, the cost of medical treatment and motorcycle repairs alone can become a major source of stress in your life. Consider talking to a personal injury attorney in Slidell, LA to seek compensation from at-fault parties for the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Costs of hospitalization
- Lost income
- Physical rehabilitation
- Permanent injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- And more
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Slidell, LA?
According to the Louisiana Department of Transportation & Development (LADTD) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), nearly 1,193 people were injured or killed in motorcycle-related accidents in Louisiana in 2019. The vast majority of injuries in these accidents were sustained by motorcycle riders.
While helmet usage helps prevent fatalities, riders are still left with devastating and costly injuries following a collision. The causes of bike crashes vary widely, but the most common ones include:
- Distracted driving
- Alcohol impairment
- Driver’s failure to check blind spots for motorcycles
- Drivers running a stop sign or a red light
- Driver’s unwillingness to provide right-of-way to the motorcycle rider, especially during lane changes
- Driver’s inability to accurately judge motorcycle’s speed or distance
- Faulty piece of equipment in the vehicle
- Dangerous road conditions (liquids spilled on surfaces, poorly maintained roads, improperly engineered streets/highways)
How Slidell, LA Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at Trainor Law Firm Can Help
Handling the insurance claims process or identifying the at-fault parties and filing a lawsuit against them is a complicated process. At Trainor Law Firm, we are dependable motorcycle accident attorneys who can advocate for you and protect your interests during this extremely difficult time. Here is what we can do for you:
- Investigate all aspects of your motorcycle crash; this includes obtaining forensic evidence with the help of experts to build a strong case for damages
- Preserve evidence from the motorcycle wreck
- Photograph the accident site, document witnesses, and collect police reports
- Research details about other drivers involved in your accident
- Reconstruct the accident to gain crucial insights
- Inspect your safety gear and motorcycle for potential defects
- Establish the defendant’s fault
- Calculate the full monetary value of your damages; this includes hospital bills, medical costs, property damages, lost income, pain and suffering, and more
- File your claim with the driver’s insurance company
- Communicate and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
- Take the case to trial, if necessary
We will tackle every step of the legal process so you can focus on recuperating and healing. One of the first important steps we will take is identifying the liable parties. In some cases, this can be challenging because drivers are not always to blame, or sometimes multiple negligent drivers may be involved.
If your bike had a faulty part that malfunctioned while you were riding and caused you to collide, the manufacturer could be held accountable. Government agencies could be responsible for failing to maintain roads if a pothole caused to crash. Taking on a company or a government entity is much more complex than filing a claim against an individual driver – and we have proven successful with both.
Contact a Slidell, LA Motorcycle Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a motorcycle accident, and you do not know where to turn, we at Trainor Law Firm, LLC have over two decades of experience working with motorcycle crash victims and getting them the compensation, they deserve.
Attorney Brian Trainor has recovered substantial settlements and verdicts from traffic-related accident injury cases in Louisiana and has extensive knowledge of the local and state laws. Our team also understands the nuances of how insurance companies operate, helping us recover the maximum possible compensation for your claim.
We work on a contingency fee basis for personal injury cases, which means we do not charge any attorney fees until and unless you get compensation. To request a free consultation, please call us at 985-900-2250 or send us a message here.