Slidell, LA Personal Injury Attorneys
Coping with debilitating injuries or the loss of a loved one because of the reckless conduct of another can be challenging for anyone. In addition to the physical and emotional pain, you are probably also worried about the mounting medical bills and loss of your ability to go to work and earn a living.
In these trying times, you need the right legal guidance and support from a trusted Slidell, LA personal injury lawyer who is prepared to fight on your behalf to get you the financial compensation you deserve. A former district attorney, Brian F. Trainor has a strong understanding of how the legal system works in Louisiana.
Regardless of how dire your situation may appear following your accident and injury, with the law office of Brian F. Trainor on your side, you will know that your rights are being protected and that we are fighting hard for the compensation you deserve. Reach out to us today for a complimentary consultation and case review.
Common Accidents that may Result in Serious Personal Injuries
Injuries commonly occur in the following types of accidents where another party may be at fault:
- Auto accidents (including car crashes, truck and trailer accidents, and bike accidents)
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Mass transit accidents (i.e., accidents involving buses and trains)
- Traumatic brain injury cases
- Swimming pool injury
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Dog and animal bites
- Premises liability cases
- Injuries caused by dangerous or defective products
- Petrochemical Accidents
What Kind of Compensation can I Recover in Slidell, LA Personal Injury Cases?
If you have suffered any type of bodily injury in an accident that occurred because of another’s negligence, you may file a personal injury claim against the responsible party to recover compensation. The at-fault party could be an individual, local business, multinational corporation, or government entity. With help from our seasoned Slidell, LA personal injury attorneys at the Trainor Law Firm, you can hold them accountable for your injuries under Louisiana Law.
If your accident was caused by someone during the course of their job, you may have a right to sue that person’s employer for the injuries and losses you have suffered.
The specific damages available to you will depend on the unique circumstances of your case. For example, car accidents often result in injuries as well as vehicle damage so the amount of damages available might be higher compared to, say, a slip-and-fall case that only resulted in injuries and no property damage.
That being said, here are the most common types of compensation that can be recovered in personal injury cases in Louisiana:
- Past and future medical expenses (including in-hospital treatment, ongoing treatment, surgery, physical and rehabilitative therapy, medication, costs of travel for the treatment, etc.)
- Loss of income (past and future)
- Physical pain, and mental and emotional anguish
- Costs of occupational training if the victim (plaintiff) is forced to start a new career due to their injuries
- Loss of earning ability due to disabilities that prevent the victim from returning to work
What is the Personal Injury Statute of Limitations in Louisiana?
You have 1 year from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party in Slidell, LA. One year may seem like a long time, which is why accident victims and their families may sometimes delay in obtaining legal counsel. This is a huge mistake and can cost you.
Here’s why: it can take several months to conduct thorough investigations and gather strong evidence. The other party and their insurance provider will likely do their best to prolong the process and bury your legal team in unnecessary paperwork to put pressure on you – this may sound like something out of a movie, but it can happen in the real world too.
To give your attorney the best chance at winning, you have to give them ample time to build a strong case. This is why we encourage you to speak to our personal injury lawyers in Slidell, LA at the first opportunity after you have received initial medical assistance.
How Our Slidell, LA Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You
We have represented numerous personal injury victims in Slidell, LA who suffered injuries in different types of accidents. From auto accidents to dog bites to dangerous chemical exposure caused by a negligent corporation – we handle all types of cases.
As a former district attorney, attorney Brian F. Trainor has closely worked with accident victims, businesses, insurance companies, and other attorneys. These valuable insights are very beneficial for our clients and for the success of your case.
Through our relentless dedication and commitment, we are able to negotiate maximum settlements for our clients over the last several years. When you work with us, you can expect:
- Extensive Experience in All Areas: Auto accidents, slip, and fall accidents on premises owned by another, medical negligence and malpractice, and nursing home abuse – we have the legal knowledge and experience in every area of personal injury law. We are familiar with all the different approaches available to best represent your case and obtain the outcome you are looking for.
- Tenacious & Committed Team: Working with someone as accomplished as a former district attorney can make all the difference in your case. At the law office of Brian F. Trainor, we have one goal: to see your case through to a full and successful resolution.
- Proven Results: Our extensive experience means we are able to use our knowledge, resources, and connections to pursue the maximum settlement available. If we find that multiple parties are responsible for your injuries, we won’t hesitate to hold each of them accountable to ensure you get every penny you deserve.
Contact Our Slidell, LA Personal Injury Attorneys Today
If you or someone close to you has been injured because of someone else’s negligence, you need strong legal counsel in your corner advocating forcefully for your rights and interests. Our legal team, led by top-rated personal injury lawyer Brian F. Trainor, will create and pursue a robust strategy to help you obtain your rightful compensation. To set up a free, no-obligation consultation with Trainor Law Firm, LLC, please call us at 985-900-2250 or contact us online.